Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
1. Articles must be unpublished, cannot harm copyrights and must be submitted exclusively to Convergências Journal. It is not possible to submit articles simultaneously to Convergências and to another journal.
We accept to consider for our evaluation/publication articles that have been previously rejected by other journals, just as authors are free to submit articles rejected by us to other publications.
- 2. The authors are responsible for the careful checking of the texts and for the quality and translation of the texts from submission to the published version of the article.
3. The journal accepts three different types of article:
– Original papers;
– Case Reports;
– Review Papers.
- 4. The title and subtitle are provided in English and a second language – Portuguese or Spanish.
- 5. The accepted languages are Portuguese, Spanish or English;
- 6. The abstract and Keywords (300 word limit) are provided in English and a second language – Portuguese or Spanish.
- 7. A maximum of five keywords in the same language of the paper and its translation to the summary language;
8. The paper must stands for this basic structure: Introduction (Subject; Problems; What question/problem was asked?); State of the Art (what is the relevance and benefits of the study and what has been done or studied on the subject?);
Methods (Scientific methods used in the study to seek to answer the question?); Findings (What was found?) and Conclusions (Discussion; What do the findings mean?);
- 9. Only articles in word format are accepted. Images at 150 dpi in PNG format (as independent files).
- 10. Text in Calibri, font size 12 until a maximum of 12 pages DIN A4, including abstracts, papers, footnotes and references.
11. Papers will be reformatted. Consequently, it’s not allowed to write titles exclusively in capital and should not be used styles or automations in the word document to define, titles, captions, text, notes, captions, etc.
Create footnotes manually and at the end of the article;
- 12. Comply with the 7th Edition of APA Standard http://www.apastyle.org/ for all components of the article;
13. You must submit a version of the manuscript for blind review. Make sure that the submitted manuscript (word document and figures) does not contain data identifying the authorship: text, figures, captions, bibliography, notes or even in the name of the files.
Authors' identification is only allowed in the case of approved articles and after evaluation process.
14. Manuscripts should be submitted using the word template, whose formatting is mandatory (para download): https://convergencias.ipcb.pt/index.php/convergences/libraryFiles/downloadPublic/14
15. The submission of the article must be accompanied separately by a photograph of each author, full name and short name, institutional website, e-mail, professional activity and curricular summary of half A4 page.
It is also mandatory to present ORCID number and to include the name of the institution in three levels (Ex: University, Faculty and Department/Centre), as well as the complete institutional address: Street, post code, city, country. This information will be public.
- 16. There can be no more than 20 bibliographical references and these must be referred to in the text of the article, numbered in order of reference in the text. Bibliographical references must comply with the 7th Edition of the APA standard (American Psychological Association).
17. The submission must indicate the contribution of each of the authors and collaborators in the area indicated for such. Authors should use the Taxonomy for Contributing Authors (CRedit):
- 18 - No more than five authors are allowed.
Articles submitted to Convergences - Journal of Research and Arts Education are licensed by CC BY. You can consult detailed information at: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
You have the right to:
Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
The online access to Convergences articles is open and free, not involving registration, and it is permitted to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search or refer partially or fully to the texts, process them for indexing, while input data of programs for software, or use them for any other legal purpose, without financial, legal or technical barriers.
1) The copyright remains with the author (s), which grant the magazine the right of unpublished publication (first), being licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, allowing the sharing of the work, as long as it is recognized authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2) Authors of the texts are authorized to enter into other contracts for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in Convergences, namely to publish the article in a revised or enlarged version, or to allow it to be published as part or chapter of any book that in any anthology of which it is an editor, in which it is included, expanded or elaborated, ensuring that the Edições IPCB - Instituto Politécnico de Castelo Branco have the first publication credit, and that this copyright is displayed in the (in the work as a whole and in the article, when applicable), whenever such publication occurs.
3) Authors are authorized to distribute the article for use in their own teaching and research activities, in repositories and social networks dedicated to research; Carry out self-archiving. In all these situations, it must be ensured that the Edições IPCB - Instituto Politécnico de Castelo Branco have the first publication credit, and that this copyright is displayed in the work (in the work as a whole and in the article, when applicable), whenever publication.
The author guarantees that the texts submitted by him are Original / unpublished, that is, that have not been published before, regardless of the form. It is understood that the publication of different articles relating to different components of the same study or research corresponds to different and original articles.
In addition, the author warrants that he has not licensed or transferred to anyone the copyright of the article submitted by him and that is his sole author (or that he and the coauthors listed in the article are his only authors), who generally have the right to make concessions to Convergences or Edições IPCB - Instituto Politécnico de Castelo Branco.
The author submitting the article represents the co-authors listed in the text, taking responsibility for compliance with copyright law.
The author certifies that his texts do not defame anyone, that does not prejudice other copyright, does not compromise the right to information and protection of identity and does not invade the privacy of anyone, nor otherwise violates any common law of any person . The author agrees to indemnify Convergences against any claim or action alleging facts that, if true, constitute a breach of any of the warranties referred to.
Third party copyright
When an article contains copyrighted material (illustrations, figures, diagrams, etc.) held by third parties, they must be used in compliance with the restrictions on rights of use, in particular copyright law.